Skip to main content block
:::
History
    * * *
    *
     

      During the first year of the Cianlong Dynasty (1736), 265 years ago, there was a person named Jiasian who came here to develop the barren land. Afterwards, Fukien and Kwangtung people from various places of the country immigrated here for settlement; however, due to the remoteness of the location, it is a vast territory with a sparse population, in addition to the inconvenient traffic, residents here usually lived by agriculture. The Manchurian Cing government also established an office here for administration, and the place only began autonomous after the land restoration.

      Although Jiasian was allocated into the government of Tainan County in the 21st year of Guangsyu era (1895) during the Japanese colonial period, Taiwanese people fought continuously in the War of Resistance against Japan, such that the jurisdiction rule existed in name only; and in the 23rd year of Guangsyu era (1897), the jurisdiction belonged to the Tainan County Fanshuliao official building, which was further managed by Tainan County Fanshuliao official building in the 27th year of Guangsyu era (1901); it was the first autonomy in the history, known as “East neighborhood of Nanzihsian River”; Japan dominated in the following year and established the Aliguan police station, and applied police governance at the present Guanshan Village. In the 31st year of Guansyu era (1905), malaria (locally known as the plague) was widespread, and at that time, Jiasian was filled with camphor trees in the mountain region, thus more than two thousand Japanese people immigrated here and established “Taiwan Camphor Production Enterprise” to devote in the production of camphor, it was an exceptionally grand occasion; simultaneously, due to the short of water supply, Aliguan police station was moved to Jiasian, and Aliguan Village was also renamed as Jiasianpu region, with local celebrities acting as the administrators of the region, including Liou Yuan-He, Wang You-Ming and Liou Long-Ciou.

      The place was renamed as Aliguan sub-district official building during the 32nd year of Guangsyu era (1906), with the additional establishment of Aliguan and Dongdaciouyuan police stations, as well as a station at Siaolin. These were incorporated with Ahou sub-district official building in the following year, and once again renamed as Jiasianpu sub-district official building. However, with the frequent uprising incidents, Japan established the Jiejhuang (street and village) system on September 1st of Min-Guo 9 (1920) in order to ease the emotions of Taiwanese people; the region was renamed as Jiasian Village and allocated under Kaohsiung Cishan; local office and legislative body were established with chief of village and committee members, who were appointed or discharged by the state prefecture. Even though the committee members were altered to contain people who were half appointed by the government, and half elected by the people, they still had no actual power over the public affairs of the village, thus there was still no real autonomy. 

      During Min-Guo 31 (1942), tribal societies were further established in each village with one chairman per society; it was only until October 25th of the Min-Guo 34 (1945), after the restoration of Taiwan, the place was changed into a township, and it has already been 15 generations since the first chief of Jiasian Township to the current chief of township, Liou Jian-Fang.

      There are in total 103 neighborhoods within the seven villages of Dong-An, Si-An, He-An, Da-Tian, Bao-Long, Guan-Shan and Siao-Lin etc. in this township.

    *
    :::